Arqus workshop on service learning
WHEN: July 5th, 2022
ONLINE: 9am-4pm (CET)
Language of instruction: English
The workshop is free of charge. Registration required.
Teachers who work at an Arqus partner institution can participate.
Topics covered in the workshop
Introducing service-learning as a teaching method (in comparison to others)
- Types of service-learning and E-service-learning
- Benefits of service-learning for students, teachers and community partners
- Involving community partners in service-learning
- Service-learning in practice: difficulties and solutions
- Specificities of assessing service-learning courses
- Good practice examples and worksheets
During the training, a mix of theoretical and practical inputs and participatory, interactive methods in small groups will be applied.
Dr. Katharina Resch, MSc
Katharina Resch is a sociologist and educational researcher at the University of Vienna, Austria; research interests: educational research and didactics, diversity, inclusion, and service-learning.